Energy Efficient Foodservice Equipment
Shopping for commercial foodservice equipment can be an overwhelming task. There are a lot of factors you should consider as brand, performance, and warranty terms. It’s time to learn more about the best energy efficient foodservice equipment.
Usual commercial foodservice equipment categories
- Refrigerators and freezers.
- Hot food holding cabinets.
- Steam cookers.
- Ice makers.
You may know that foodservice equipment operations are very energy intensive. Usually they use much more energy per square foot when compared to other commercial operations. But we have good news for you: you can replace old equipment with energy efficient equipment and so you can reduce much of this energy usage. If you start investing in this appliances, surely will save money reducing energy and water usage.
At the time you purchase it, energy efficient equipment may have a larger price tag than other models. However some providers offer a rebat purchasing a more efficient piece of kitchen equipment. Please check this before investing with your local provider.
How much will you save?
Another critical topic you need to consider is the total cost of ownership over the lifetime of the equipment. All the eight categories equipment we checked above will help operators save money and energy. The largest opportunity savings lies with cooking equipment. For example, some energy efficient equipment can help you like this:
- Griddle may save around $1,100 – $1,300 over its lifetime for an end user.
- A steam cooker may save for an end user around $12,000 over its life time.
- Gas fryer may save between $4,800 – $5,400 over its lifetime for an end user.
- A hot food holding cabinet may save for an end user $3,000 over its lifetime.
- Ovens can offer between $660 – $7,300 in savings all over its lifetime
Now, when you go to the market looking for efficient commercial equipment please search energy efficient, high performance products designed for reducing greenhouse gas emissions and other pollutants. If you want personalized advisory please make an appointment. We will give you the best information.